In the case of a large number of inclusions in ceramic foam filters
Posted July 7,2022 in Business.
Ceramic foam filters Filtration is mainly used for the filtration of aluminum and aluminum alloys in foundries and foundries. Clean aluminum melt can produce higher-quality castings, less waste, and fewer inclusion defects.
Adtech ceramic foam filter has excellent resistance to corrosion of molten aluminum, can effectively remove inclusions, reduce trapped gas in molten aluminum, and provide a laminar flow to make the filtered metal significantly cleaner.
Cleaner aluminum will result in higher quality castings, less scrap, and fewer inclusion defects, all of which contribute to the bottom line of profit.
Ceramic foam filters purifies the liquid aluminum alloy during the casting process through purification, reducing or eliminating various non-metallic inclusions and exhaust problems during the casting process.
Due to defects such as non-metallic inclusions in the castings, the proportion of casting waste to the total number of castings is as high as 50%-60%.
When various costs increase, the outflow of excess waste can damage the external environment, and contain defects not only seriously drag down the mechanical properties and casting performance of the casting, but also have a harmful effect on the appearance of cutting and casting.
The molten aluminum Porous Ceramic foam filter for the metallurgical industry has the advantages of lightweight, high porosity, large specific surface area, thermal shock resistance, corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance, long service life, and good filtration and adsorption performance.
Advantages of Ceramic foam Filter Filtration
1. It has a high temperature working strength: resistance to thermal shock and resistance to metal liquid flow impact.
No slag or cracking during the working process: to ensure the filtering quality of molten metal
2. Has extremely high room temperature strength and resistance to mechanical shock. No damage or damage during use and transportation: It greatly facilitates the operation of the filter.
3. Has a very significant filtering effect. Far higher than the filtering effect of fiber filters. Its remarkable filtering effect is related to the filtering mechanism of the speed criterion.
4. Effectively reduce the turbulence of molten metal caused by pouring: smooth filling and avoid surface defects of castings.
5. It has a large metal flow rate and a stable flow rate (different from the flow rate of the ceramic foam filter, which gradually decreases with the increase of the number of inclusions captured).
In the case of a large number of inclusions in the metal: normal use will not cause the filter to become clogged.
6. It has high chemical stability, is not affected by the pH of liquid metal, and does not change the chemical composition of liquid metal.
7. With high dimensional accuracy, it can be used for the automatic placement of filter production lines.